Today’s Children’s Day, so we recommend that you and your kids check out the Play Krakow platform. Apart from screenings in festival cinemas, there are also online screenings and accompanying events waiting for you today.
- Available today from 8:30am to 11:59pm – a screening of the film Casper and Emma – best friends on the Play Krakow platform.
This year’s free programme Kids&Youth. Cinema for the young consists of 5 documentaries, feature and animated films and a fascinating multimedia project. Each of the proposals is recommended for a different age group – the set will include both films for preschoolers and teenagers.
15:00 – 20:00, Kijów cinema – the exhibition Werki. Wajda. Renata Pajchel. The exhibition will be available throughout the festival.
12:00 – 17:00, Hevre – Letters to those far away. Video installation by Péter Forgács with music by The Klezmatic.
17:00, Hevre – vernissage with the participation of the Dragon of Dragons Award winner of the 60th Krakow Film Festival Péter Forgács.
The video installation ‘Letters to Afar’ by Hungarian artist Péter Forgács is based on home movies made by Jewish immigrants from the United States who visited their hometowns in Poland during the 1920s and 30s, and which are now included in the collection of the YIVO Institute for Jewish Research in New York.
The installation is commissioned by the Museum of the History of Polish Jews POLIN and the YIVO Institute for Jewish Research. Free admission.
Open-air cinema Kino pod Wawelem – The Sound of Music
21:30 free screening at open-air cinema Kino pod Wawelem – The Sound of Music
Faith and Branko dir. by Catherine Harte.
Meetings with the filmmakers and protagonists to be held in cinemas
Kino Kijów Cinema
- 17:00 – meeting with the filmmakers after the screening will be hosted by Krzysztof Spór
First Last Summer, dir. by Nastazja Gonera. Green, dir. by Karolina Kajetanowicz. Nature Is My Homeland, dir. Marek Gajczak
Kino Pod Baranami
- 11.30, Sala Niebieska – meeting with the filmmakers after the screening will be hosted by Rafał Pawłowski
Over the River, dir. by Andrei Kutsil. It’s a very pretty picture, dir. by Jakub Ciosiński. In a knot, dir. Aleksandra Sykulak
- 20:00, Sala Niebieska – screening of the film Lobster Soup with Q&A – directors Pepe Andreu and Rafá Moles will take part in the screening. Meeting with the filmmakers after the screening will be hosted by Dagmara Romanowska
- 18:00 – Meeting with the filmmakers after the screening will be hosted byRafał Pawłowski
Common Place, dir. by Karolina Anna Kuta, Patrycja Skorupska. Disappearance of Johanna Lagenfeld, dir. by Władysław Jurków, Gerburg Rohde-Dahl
- 16:30 – screening of the film Marry Me However with Q&A with the film’s director Mordechai Vardi. Meeting with the director after the screening will be hosted by Dagmara Romanowska