On June 3 CEDOC MARKET begins; it is Poland’s only international co-production market for documentary film producers who are looking for Polish and foreign partners. The event is organised as a part of DOC LAB POLAND by Wladyslaw Slesicki Film Foundation in cooperation with KFF Industry during the Krakow Film Festival. 30 projects were selected to take part in the market – 12 from Poland and 18 from abroad.
CEDOC MARKET (Central European Documentary Market, formerly DOC LAB POLAND Co-Production Market) aims to allow documentary film producers and directors to make connections with potential partners from different countries with whom or thanks to whom they will be able to make their films. The market focuses primarily on encouraging creative cooperation between Eastern and Western, but also Northern and Southern Europe. It will be the sixth edition of the event, however this time it will happen online and will last longer – 3 days, from June 3 to 5.
One-on-one meetings will take place on the first day of the market, presentation of the projects taking part in DOC LAB POLAND Docs to Start programme will happen the next day and on the third day individual meetings with market projects and documentaries being developed at DOC LAB POLAND will continue. This year selected projects will be also invited to take part in round tables meetings dedicated to topics like #KIDS, #WOMEN, #BIOGRAPHIES/ARCHIVES.
Almost 70 candidates submitted their films to this year’s official selection. Among the chosen projects there are works from Poland, the Netherlands, Estonia, Italy, France, Ukraine or Norway. Some of the decision makers who will meet with the representatives of the selected projects are: Adriek van Nieuwenhuijzen (Head of IDFA Forum), Tereza Šimíková (Head of CPH:FORUM at CPH:DOX Festival), Yoko Imai (NHK), Erkko Lyytinen (YLE), Mehdi Bekkar from Al Jazeera Documentary Channel, Hanka Kastelicová – VP and Executive Producer of Documentaries for HBO Europe; Joanna Szymańska, documentary consultant for HBO Poland, Lisa Kleiner Chanoff (Catapult Film), Jhava Chikli and Melanie Rozencwajg (Archive Valley) and Biljana Tutorov (Circle Doc Woman Accelerator).
SELECTED PROJECTS CEDOC MARKET 2020:
- AKS ZŁY – Born to be Bad?, dir. Tomasz Knittel, prod. Maciej Ostatek – Raban Foundation (Poland)
- ALICE BY MILLER, dir. Peter Moers, Edward Porembny, Prod. Edward Porembny, Peter Moers – AMP Polska (Poland, Germany)
- ATONAL GLOW, dir. Alexander Koridze, prod. Alexander Koridze – Spark (Georgia)
- BOYLESQUE, dir. Bogna Kowalczyk, prod. Tomasz Morawski, Katarzyna Kuczyńska – HAKA FILMS (Poland)
- BROKEN HEROES, dir. Oliwia Tonteri, prod. Pauliina Punkki – Ida Productions (Finland, Poland)
- CONVERTING SPACES, CONVERTING REVERIES, dir, Helin Celik, prod. Rebeca Sánchez López – Kepler Mission (Spain, Austria )
- COTTON 100%, dir. Michael Borodin, prod. Julia Shaginurova – Einbahnstrasse Productions
- ELEVATION, dir. Max Rudenko, prod. Max Rudenko, Melinda Boros – Paradox film (Ukraine, Romania)
- EXPEDITION 49, dir. Alisa Kovalenko, prod. Stephane Siohan, Valery Kalmykov – East Roads Films (Ukraine, France, Norway)
- HOME IS WHERE THE FILMS ARE, dir. More Raça, prod. More Raça, Sunaj Raça – Arena (Kosovo)
- KHAMSIN, dir. Zvika Gregory Portnoy, prod. Maria Krauss – Plesnar & Krauss FILMS (Poland, Czech Republic)
- KING MATT THE FIRST. DOCUMENTARY FOR CHILDREN, dir. Jaśmina Wójcik, prod. Marta Dużbabel – Pinot Films (Poland)
- LAGOONS. A BATTLE FOR PARADISE, dir. Serhii Lysenko, prod. Anna Kapustina, Oleksandra Kravchenko – Albatros Communicos (Ukraine)
- MOVED LAND, dir. Monika Bulaj, prod. Erika Rossi, Lorenzo Cioffi – Ghirigori (Italy)
- MY TIME DANCES WITH ME, dir. Józef Romasz, prod. Janusz Skałkowski, Kamil Skałkowski – Kalejdoskop Film (Poland)
- NANGA DREAM, dir. Jarosław Wszędybył, prod. Karolina Śmigiel – UNI-SOLO Studio (Poland)
- NO PLACE FOR YOU IN OUR TOWN
- PETROZAVODSK, KIRKENES
- POLYMERS, dir. Denis Shabaev, prod. Max Tuula, Maria Gavrilova – Marx Film (Estonia)
- RIDING WITH GHOSTS, dir. Piotr Małecki, Maciek Nabrdalik, prod. Piotr Małecki – Short Docs Media (Poland)
- THE BARRIER, dir. Masha Novikova, Joakim Demmer, prod. Joakim Demmer – Joakim Demmer Filmproduktion in cooperation with Novikova & Dochters (Germany, The Netherlands)
- THE FOREST. SIMONA, dir. Natalia Koryncka-Gruz, prod. Natalia Koryncka-Gruz – Eureka Studio Sp. z o.o. (Poland)
- THE LAST LESSON, dir. Andrea Mura, Federico Savonitto, prod. Chiara Andrich – Ginko Film (Italy)
- THE PLAGUE, dir. Monika Kotecka, prod. Paweł Kosuń – Centrala (Poland)
- THE TASTE OF CELIBACY, dir. Libuše Rudinská, prod. Libuše Rudinská – Libuše Rudinská (Czech Republic)
- TWO SISTERS, dir. Lee Nechushtan, prod. Anath Kandell, Tanja Georgieva-Waldhauer, Stella Wejchert – Panas Boded Hafakot, Elemag Pictures GmbH (Israel, Germany)
- WHITE QUEEN, dir. Grzegorz Piekarski, prod. Anna Gawlita – Kijora Film (Poland)
- WHO OWNS THE CITY, Petr Kacirek, prod. Jan Hubacek – GNOMON Production s.r.o. (Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary)
- WRITING ON THE WALL, dir. Aditi Sharma, prod. Soniya Kirpalani, Aditi Sharma – Sprocket Science Films (India)
- YYAA. WOJCIECH BRUSZEWSKI, dir. Elwira Kozłowska, prod. Marika Kuźmicz – Fundacja Arton (Poland)
More about the projects HERE
CEDOC MARKET is organised by DOC LAB POLAND in cooperation with KFF Industry during the Krakow Film Festival. Productions presented during the previous editions of the event include: “Wika!” by Agnieszka Zwiefka, “Diagnosis” by Ewa Podgórska, “Pollywood” by Paweł Ferdek, “Village of Swimming Cows” by Katarzyna Trzaska, “An Ordinary Country”by Tomasz Wolski, “Opera about Poland” by Piotr Stasik and “The Last Expedition” by Eliza Kubarska.