KFF Industry: Projects selected to Docs to Start and Docs to Go Pitchings.
For the sixth time in Krakow will be held one of the DOC LAB POLAND sessions, co-organized with Władysław Ślesicki Film Foundation. Doc Lab Poland is a series of workshops and consultations for directors and producers of Polish documentary films which ends with two pitching sessions: DOCS TO START and DOCS TO GO.
DOCS TO START is a presentation of Polish projects at the stage of development, whereas DOCS TO GO! is a presentation of Polish documentary films at the stage of editing or post-production. Both sessions eventuate in the meetings with festival programmers and sales agents. This year 21 projects were chosen to be presented.
Pitchings will be preceded by intensive workshops with established tutors: Adriek van Nieuwenhuyzen (Head of IDFA Industry), Tereza Šimíkova (Head of CPH:Forum), Christian Popp (Head of FIPADOC Industry Days), Leena Pasanen, programmer of the Biografilm Festival, former artistic director of DOK Leipzig and Rada Šešic, programmer of Sarajevo FF and co-head of Docu Rough Cut Boutique.
This year both events, as well as whole KFF Industry, will be held online. After the public presentations of the projects that are planned on Wednesday, June 3rd (Docs to Start) and Thursday June 4th (Docs to Go) will be followed by one-on-one meetings with the international experts and decision makers.
Their attendance confirmed producers from Germany, Denmark, Finland, Ukraine, Japan, USA, representatives of the international documentary industry events like Baltic Sea Forum, Emerging Producers, East Doc Platform, Documentary Campus, Dok Incubator, Agora Doc Market, Hot Docs Forum, IDFA Forum, CPH: Forum, Australian International Documentary Conference, DOK Industry, Docs Barcelona Industry, commissioning editors and broadcasters, film funds, sales (i.a. Sideways Film, Cat’n’Docs,Taskovski Films, Deckert Distribution, Rise and Shine, Women Make Movies, Visible Film, JMT Films, Autlook Films, First Hand Fims, Syndicado) ) and the major festivals presenting documentary films – IDFA, Hot Docs, CPH:DOX, Visions du Reel, Karlovy Vary, Berlinale, Doclisboa, One World, Festival dei Popoli, Trieste FF, Docaviv, Dokufest Kosovo, DOCSMX, It’s All True DFF, New Zealand International Film Festival, Yamagata IDFF.
- Being Benovsky, dir. Katarzyna Trzaska, Marek Kucharski, prod. Łukasz Bluszcz, Vision House
- Debut, dir. Aleksandra Maciejczyk, prod. Marta Gmosińska, Lava Films
- Don’t Mess With Gienek, dir. Grzegorz Szczepaniak, prod. Joanna Popowicz, Grzegorz Szczepaniak , WF Anagram
- Easy Rider Behind the Iron Curtain, dir. Andrzej Miękus, prod. Olga Bieniek, Filmicon
- Gypsy Gadji, dir. Dasa Raimanova, prod. Rafał Sakowski, Story Vehicle
- House of Sand, dir. Paweł Wyszomirski, prod. Marta Dużbabel, With Passion Production
- I Have Seen Everything, dir. Wojtek Łazarowicz, prod. Małgorzata Małysa, Furia Film
- Nina Gets Married, dir. Andrzej Szypulski, prod. Anna Reichel, Fine Day Promotion
- The Chums, dir. Emilia Śniegoska, prod. Łukasz Bluszcz, Vision House
- The Daughter of Fuji (AKA Grace), dir. Eri Mizutani, prod. Anna Fam, Polished Productions
- When The Harmattan Blows, dir. Edyta Wróblewska, prod. Marta Dużbabel, With Passion Production
- @miriamfrompoland, dir. Piotr Szczepański, prod. Anna Pachnicka, Anagram Film
- Escape to the Silver Globe, dir. Jakub Mikurda, prod, Silver Frame Stanisław Zaborowski
- I Am One of Them, dir. Nadim Suleiman, prod. Jacek Bławut, Luiza Pietrzak, Palmyra Films
- Lesson of Freedom, dir. Tadeusz Chudy, Bartosz Łuniewski, prod. Rafał Sakowski, Story Vehicle
- Siskin, dir. Zofia Kowalewska, prod. Stanisław Zaborowski, Silver Frame
- The Big Chief, dir. Tomasz Wolski, prod. Kijora Film
- The End of Natalka’s World, dir. Anna Urbańczyk, Direct Share Media
- Until The Wedding, dir. Daniel Stopa, prod. Małgorzata Staroń, STARON-FILM
- Workcenter, dir. Aniela Gabryel, prod. Agnieszka Dziedzic, Koi Studio
- xABo: Ksiądz Boniecki, prod. Aleksandra Potoczek, prod. Aleksander Kardyś, Fundacja Tygodnika Powszechnego
The best pitches will be awarded by the partners: HBO Europe, ColorOffOn, Uchostudio, DOK Leipzig, FIPADOC and Institute of Documentary Film.